Subject: Fair Warning to NetBSD/pmax-current users...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/11/1995 03:43:51
I'm in the process of seriously revamping the bitmapped console code.
This will give us a cursor-addressable bitmapped console and also more
generic support for random frame buffers, which allows me to make the
sfb driver available and not screw up the other frame buffer drivers.

If you watch the source-changes list or update frequently, you'll see
that a bunch of files have been added and/or updated.   These are all
changes that shouldn't affect the pmax build.   Yet.

I'll be making the rest of the changes soon, and those changes may
break NetBSD/pmax on your machine.   If you're updating and installing
new kernels frequently, make sure you keep a backup kernel around.

Next after this are a bunch of changes that Jonathan Stone has
submitted to solve some interrupt problems.   I really should have
done these before the frame buffer changes, but I got sucked in to
doing the frame buffer changes - sorry about that...

			       _MelloN_