Subject: Re: Shell on 3100 hung in thread_block
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rnilsson@sw.seisy.abb.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/20/1995 21:12:35
Evening folks,
a week ago I pinged this mail-group for some feedback on a weird
situation that occured when running make or cc on a DS3100.
I understand from the responses I got that most of you had little
or no problem at all with running NetBSD on your pmax.

Well, I now have some more info and would like to share it for what it
is worth. My initial hardware was a monochrome 8MB RAM DS3100 equipped
with old SCSI1 type disks. I also have a likewise old DS3100, but
with 24MB RAM. When hooking up my set of NetBSD disks to this DS3100
I can compile just fine, and actually managed to get the kernel
reconfigured and booted. So much for the silver lining, when I started
to do some more stuff while at the same time doing some tape I/O
(from another terminal) I experienced the same kind hang-up situation
as when I run on my 8MB DS.

So, now I am curious. Has anyone really excersised a DS3100
running NetBSD 1.0A with scarce RAM resources?

Cheers,
	/Ralph Nilsson

	rnilsson@sw.seisy.abb.se