Subject: Re: Diagnostic help...
To: Eric <eric@lancelot.cif.rochester.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/17/1994 12:46:07
On Sat, 17 Dec 1994 15:40:59 -0500
 Eric <eric@lancelot.cif.rochester.edu> wrote:

Cool - thanx for the info.  I have a Rodime disk in that machine that
runs pretty hot - I betcha it cooked something.  Nuts.

 > According to the DECstation 2100/3100 Operator's Guide, these are the
 > self-test codes:
 >
 > 7.	Video SIMM
 > 6.	VDAC and PCC
 > 5.	DZ serial line
 > 4.	System Module (it notes that you should follow SCSI
 > 	  troubleshooting procedures)
 > 3.	Keyboard and mouse
 > 2.	Network interface
 > 1.	Disk and SCSI bus peripherals
 > 0.	All tests succeeded
 >
 > Also, in case they're helpful, here are the codes for the LED status
 > display on the back of the machine:
 >
 > 0111 1111	(0x7f)		System module
 > 1011 1111	(0xbf)		Disk
 > 1101 1111	(0xdf)		Keyboard
 > 1110 1111	(0xef)		Memory
 > 1111 0111	(0xf7)		Mouse
 > 1111 1111	(0xff)		"LED's set at power up or reset"
 > 				(i have no idea what that means) :)
 >
 > 				eric

Jason R. Thorpe               thorpej@cs.orst.edu                 758-2003
OJGSE NERO Project               CSWest Room 5                    737-5567
Shared Computing Environment Group         http://www.cs.orst.edu/~thorpej

   "Morality and law are merely conventions adopted out of mutual fear."
		-- Plato