Subject: Some progress made!
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/16/1994 12:04:21
Well, it's been a busy two or three days - some of it work and some of
it playing with NetBSD.

In a nutshell, I've got to single user on a 5000/133 and a 5000/200 and
sort of on a 5000/240, and not on a 3100.  The 3100 locks up just after
it prints the "data cache size 64K inst cache size 64K" line.  The
5000/240 seems to have problems with the serial driver - _almost_ all
characters are echo twice...

My main problem at the moment seems to be boot blocks.  I've only got
two sets of bootblocks - one named "bootblock-dd" from Jonathan Stone
and another called "bootblock.pmax" from God knows where.  The only
combination I've got working is the "bootblock.pmax" bootblocks on a
5000/200, so I'm now using that as my main netbsd machine.  Does anyone
have any source for bootblocks?  I remember Ted saying he'd lost the
source for some bootblocks he had at one stage...

I'm now at the stage where I'm trying to compile a lot of things
native - starting with the kernel (and whatever I tools I need to
compile it).

I guess I'm trying to get ready to go to multiuser - has anyone done
this yet, and are there any major pitfalls to watch out for?

Anyways, enough rambling for now.
Simon.