Subject: my kernel.
To: None <port-pmax@pain.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/14/1994 11:24:28
Ok, as per 'Per's suggestion, I put a printf in trap.c and found
that I was getting an unwanted interrupt.

The causeReg was 0x2008ff04 and the statusReg was 0x80000800.

Following that around I determined that I was getting an leintr().

So, if I unplug the box from our easternet, and just put a terminator on
the back of it, it then boots just fine.

I tried putting a printf() in leintr() just after it loads the status
register but I never see the printf() so I can't determine what interrupt
leintr() thinks it got. This is weird.

So, I'm pretty much out of time for today.  I thought I'd just send this
out in case anyone had any ideas at all.  My suspicion is that a waylaid
patch caused this to creep up but that's a completely unfounded suspicion.

Anyways, I'll probably play with this a bit more tomorrow if nobody
comes up with any bright ideas.

Herb.