Subject: Re: adieu
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/13/1994 19:52:16
>Theo tells me to GO AWAY and that he will lean even more negatively
>on my ``shit patches'' toward you.  Okay, I'm gone.

I assume this was in a personal message, or did I miss something?

>The FTP directory for pmax netbsd on Gregorio is gone, too.
>As I've said in e-mail elswhere, I simply do not wish to have
>my name associated with the NetBSD core team or people who behave
>as Theo has.    You won't be seeing any more patches from  me.

I went through this a while back, with Theo.  I think he tends to rub
a lot of people the wrong way.  More than once have I gotten mail from
him which was not only unhelpful, but told me to in effect fuck off.
More than once.  Recently, however, I've been too busy to actually
code for NetBSD in any meaningful manner, so there has been little
conflict.  I don't know if that is because of lack of contact, Theo
calming down (apparently not...) or what.

Theo may be a super programmer, but his attitude really sucks at times.

>In any case, I think this has gone beyond ``smoothing things over''
>with the Core Team.  Either he goes, or I go. For now, I'm gone.

I don't think this is right, either.  You have gotten us a long way,
and I don't want to loose your talent.  But I don't think loosing
Theo's is going to help either.  I think someone needs to step in, who
knows more of the details.  I do not wish to be that person, mind you.
:)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!