Subject: re: NetBSD/pmax native kernel.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/09/1994 17:01:10
Let me preface my remarks by saying that I do not want to do anything to
divert anyone's energy away from getting NetBSD/pmax fully native as soon
as possible consistent with the realization that even Unix hackers need to
go to the bathroom every so often ... (Herb, ya back yet?).

mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com wrote:

> Bootstrapping by building a kernel with the Ultrix development system
> seems like an unusually painful way to go ...

OK, bad idea.  10-4.

FWIW, the miniroot does not boot on my 5000/25; reason indeterminate (all
I get after the boot command is a 15 second pause followed by an apparent
CPU reset).

So I'm unable to help with this effort unless I go the ECOFF route which
everyone seems to believe is the wrong thing to expend energy on.  Would
somebody with a native-running 5000/25 care to make a miniroot?  I'd be
happy to contribute to this effort, if I only could ...

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com  (Internet)
uunet!sunquest!terry      (Usenet)
terry@sdsc.edu            (alternate address; I live in Tucson)