Subject: Re: kvm_mkdb needs a carriage return?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/23/1994 23:04:16

> "Michael Graff" <explorer@vorpal.com>  wrote:
>  > Your devices are wrong.  I'm not sure these are all correctl but
>  > here's what I have and things seem to work:
>
> Heh. That fixed it for me... duh.... seems that whatever was at
> cdevsw[3] used to be at '2'.
>
>  > crw-r-----  1 root      kmem     3,   0 Sep 16 14:36 drum
>  > crw-rw-r--  1 root      wheel    3,   1 Oct 30 13:05 kmem
>  > crw-rw-r--  1 root      wheel    3,   0 Oct 30 13:05 mem
>  > crw-rw-r--  1 root      wheel    3,  12 Oct 30 13:05 zero

Add null to the list, too.  I edited /dev/MAKEDEV to change the major
numbers for these 5 specials from 2 to 3.  It sets the group owner of
drum, kmem, and mem to group kmem, and the permissions to 0640 for those
three.  My ps, pstat, and w commands had set group ID set in their
permissions, but their group owner was wheel, not kmem, so I had to
change that, as well.

> Thanx.

Ditto!

--
Ted Spradley   tsprad@metronet.com      Usual disclaimers apply.
Information tends to drive out knowledge.  [...] many people cannot