Subject: kvm_mkdb needs a carriage return?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/21/1994 23:08:09
Has anybody else seen this?

Going to multi-user, /etc/rc runs 'kvm_mkdb /netbsd'.  It just hangs
there, until I hit 'Return' on the DECstation keyboard.  When I hit
return it goes on as if everything is fine, no messages, and it creates
a file in /var/db.

Possibly related, 'ps' just hangs, too.  ^C kills it.

This is using Jonathan's binaries from gregorio.stanford.edu, and
everything else (e.g., the whole /var tree) constructed by hand,
by me, by guesswork.

Anyone want to suggest where to look first?

--
Ted Spradley   tsprad@metronet.com      Usual disclaimers apply.
Information tends to drive out knowledge.  [...] many people cannot