Subject: Re: What is the status of the pmax version?
To: David Conran <lucifer@dstc.edu.au>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/21/1994 07:44:06
David Conran <lucifer@dstc.edu.au>  wrote:
 >  I was wondering what the status was from the pmax version of NetBSD.

The status is that it's sort of immature at the moment... I have mine
booting somewhat multi-user but a few things are missing.. I haven't
yet been able to build a kernel but Dean put some patches in last week
that I haven't gotten around to trying yet...

It's not yet ready for production use but there *is* a miniroot and a
disklabel available somewhere... I was going to one day make up a
newer miniroot but haven't gotten to it yet... You might want to have
a look at 'gregorio.stanford.edu' for now to see if Jonathan's miniroot
is still there... It's enough to get you going if you have a bit of clue
and a fair amount of patience...

Keep watching the list over the next few weeks.. You might see stuff
start to happen.