Subject: Re: Formatting an Ultrix disk to be NetBSD
To: None <explorer@iastate.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/14/1994 10:48:49
On Mon, 14 Nov 1994 11:27:32 -0600   explorer@iastate.edu wrote:
 > All attempts are failing.  I've even tried to simply dd the first part of the
 > NetBSD disk onto the Ultrix disk.

Need more info.

What are the errors.  "failing" doesn't really help me out.

I simply used my usual lazy method whereby I did a 'disklabel' of an
existing disk into an ascii file, then used 'disklabel -R' to turn that
ascii file back into a disklabel on my new disk.  I then used 'disklabel -e'
to edit said disklabel..  Then newfs'd and mounted and everything's koshure.

I even got my machine to come up multi-user this morning and telnetted into
it.

There appears to be a minor problem with the gettytab and it didn't like
any of my passwds but I'm working on that.