Subject: Re: System hangs with the disk light on
To: Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/07/1994 01:33:48
>Has anyone else seen this?  Quite a few times since I installed Jonathan
>Stone's binaries, my DS3100 has just frozen up, with the LED on the disk
>drive lit but nothing happening.  It's always when it's busy, lots of
>activity on both disk and ethernet.  I think it's always been while
>running the compiler, but that's probably because that's all I've done
>that's made it so busy.

This sounds like a SCSI termination or cabling problem to me.  Make
sure you have all your SCSI devices properly cabled and terminated
(plus, make sure nothing is sharing SCSI ID's).

   Michael L. VanLoon     michaelv@HeadCandy.com     michaelv@iastate.edu
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m