Subject: can I use NetBSD on my machine ???
To: None <port-pmax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.EDU>
From: Patrick Schulz <patrick@eas.iis.fhg.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/04/1994 19:11:10
Hi there,
Here at work I use a decstation 5000/200 as an X-terminal.
The machine has 8 MByte RAM ( really ) and runs ULTRIX 4.1.
The old Xserver isn't very stable and the system often swaps.

Yesterday I read some facts about NetBSD. Now I hope to use
NetBSD instead of ULTRIX. The smaller kernel ( I hope it's
smaller then 4 MB ) and the shared libs could make work with
8 Mbyte RAM easier. Am I right ???

So what's the current status of the pmax port ? How many diskspace
will I need ?  ( I have a 285 MB disk ) Is there a port of X11R5
( with a server ) ?

note: our firm won't upgrade this decstation, because we're using
      suns. So I have to work with it as is.

Hope You may help,

Patrick.

|Patrick Schulz; Hochschulstrasse 50 /0401;  01069 Dresden |
  If you like a state of the art system - try NeXTSTEP !!!
|         email: schulz@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de            |
|                ps3@irz.inf.tu-dresden.de                 |
|                patrick@eas.iis.fhg.de                    |
|                No NeXT Mail, please !!!    		   |
|           PLEASE: USE ONLY THIS EMAIL ADRESSES !         |
|              (other email could be ignored)              |