Subject: Re: ds3100.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: Ted Spradley <tsprad@metronet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1994 18:20:39
> Is anyone else running this on a ds3100? If so, are you running it with the
> colour display or serial? I'm going to try it with a serial console later
> today sometime just in case that's it...

I'm using a DECstation 3100, with a monochrome display, 16 MB ram, RZ55
with Ultrix 4.2 + another Micropolis 1578 taken out of a Data General
machine with NetBSD.  I haven't tried anything with serial ports yet.

> My bootrom comes up and says "KN01 V7.02" just in case that's useful information
> to anyone..

Mine says "KN01 Vsomething".  I'll note it next time I take 'er down to
boot NetBSD.

> Please be gentle, I'm a pmax newbie.

I'm a *BSD newbie.  The closest I've been is trying to make sense out of
Ultrix.

--
Ted Spradley                tsprad@metronet.com             +1-214-484-5356
Brisco: "...the more I learn the less I know."