Subject: Re: ds3100.
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1994 12:36:59
On Wed, 02 Nov 1994 10:27:50 -0800   Ted Lemon <mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com> wrote:
 > Does Dean also have a 3100?

We're not sure...

 > I'm also having problems getting NetBSD to boot on a machine on which
 > I haven't tried to boot it before, so I suspect a subtle bug somewhere
 > in the machine initialization code, but haven't tracked it down yet.

Well; as soon as I set mine to a serial console, it went along and booted.

There is a problem in that cons.c doesn't appear to know what the console
device really is because I get this:

>> boot -f rz(0,2,0)/netbsd
Boot: rz(0,2,0)/netbsd
Size: 772096+71536+88416
Starting at 0x80030000

And then at that point, the console switches back to the bitmapped display
and keyboard... But at least it's going... I might take a boo at that
later as soon as I manage to get the machine up enough to rebuild the
kernel and add some swap space.