Subject: Re: Emulating Ultrix setuid semantics
To: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/20/1994 00:30:11
> I'd rather put a canonical "safe" version
> in kern_prot.c. We're going to be leaving the COMPAT_43 code intact
> for a time, no?

That's unclear.

I believe it's reasonable to drop the COMPAT_09 when we get to the
next release after 1.0.

At the same time, i think that the _need_ for the COMPAT_43 code will
be gone from most of the systems out there, and it should be
relegated to someplace other than /sys/kern.

CSRG's standard mode of operation was to kill a COMPAT option
two releases down the road.  i don't see what's so wrong about that.

the kernel _definitely_ needs a vacuum applied...

chris