Subject: pmax scsi oddness: It's not the rz23.
To: None <port-pmax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/18/1994 00:47:18
[the new pmap code causes SCSI to not work with the RZ23.]
>If this is what has bit you, you might be able to get around it by using a
>different type of scsi disk. The only explanations I can suggest are:
>- some kind of timing problem, but I can't think of what??
>- a wild pointer in the newer pmap code that sometimes stomps on data
>  used by the scsi drivers.

Unfortunately, I'm reasonably sure that the machine Adam's using has a RZ23 on
sd2, and a RZ24 on scsi id 3, which is where the scsi code's going bonkers.

So it's not that there's a problem talking to rz23 drives; that machine's
_booted_ from a rz23.

On the other hand, the bit about "scsi target -1 DNE" (does not exist, I
assume) looks like a fandango on core symptom to me, no?