Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Got further, am stuck now, here's a patch

(Sending this also to the mailing list because Gmail ate the mailing
list address)

Welcome to madness.

I tried to port back NetBSD to the PlayStation 2 back in early 2015
and reported the progress on that mailing list. It stalled for a
number of reasons :
* Although I have experience with MINIX 3, I am a newbie when it comes
to NetBSD development ;
* Everyone interested got distracted by the MIPS Creator CI20 once it
was announced ;
* Saying that the R5900 is a MIPS-compatible processor is technically
true. It's also the weirdest MIPS-compatible processor ever made.

It's still available online at GitHub at
https://github.com/boricj/src. The kernel boots on the real hardware
and on GXemul (with a slightly patched version to add the UART also
available on my GitHub account) until it panics due to the lack of a
root device.

I figured that these two Git repositories might be of interest to you,
but I won't be able to help you at all with that stuff.