Port-playstation2 archive

Re: In-tree toolchain for playstation2--almost

On 04/03/16 05:50, John D. Baker wrote:
With the switch of playstation2 to gcc 5.3, binutils 2.26 and gdb 7.10,
I was eager to give it a whirl.

A few bits remain to be fixed.

First, "sys/arch/playstation2/machdep_locore.S" has comments of the form:

    # line +0

in the cache-management primitives that, although starting with a TAB
character, confuse the preprocessor into thinking it's a "#line" directive
and choking on the "+0" as being not a positive integer(!).

I wrapped them in C-style comments and that seems to have satisfied it.

martin@ fixed this, I think

Second, binutils for mipsel (and mipseb and aarch64) seems to need more
'mk-native' love.  The architecture-specific "bfd.h" files are missing
a number of processor ID macros (including MIPS_R5900 which the
playstation2 has).  As well, "struct bfd" is missing a number of expected
fields and some macros are now functions or are defined externally.

I h4XX0r3d mine up by transplanting the analogous pieces from the
mips64el "bfd.h" and that worked until it got to something that was
missing entirely:

why h4XX0r when you can

    cd tools/binutils; nbmake-playstation2 native-binutils

?

Anyway, I committed the output of the above.

Nick