Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Boot netbsd on playstation2 with modchip

>> Who be tried load Netbsd kernel with "uLoaderELF" or similar loader
>> on "modchip" Playstation2 ?
> I'm not aware of any work in this area.  As far as I'm aware, the
> NetBSD/playstation2 port currently has dependencies on the "Runtime
> Environment" provided by the PS2 Linux kit.

I'd certainly appreciate any work done on lifting this restriction.
I'd be very interested in booting NetBSD on mine via some variant of
the Independence Day exploit (which I have verified does indeed work on
the hardware I have).  (I'd like to run NetBSD, but I'm not willing to
pay Sony's extorti^Wfees only to get a gratuitously crippled view of
the machine.)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost