Subject: Experimental short loop patch for NetBSD src
To: NetBSD/playstation2 <>
From: Ed Schouten <>
List: port-playstation2
Date: 02/06/2006 20:41:39

* Martin Husemann <> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 01:26:27AM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> > So how about sending in a small patch to the GNU folks that fixes the
> > userland crashes for starters? I guess compiling the NetBSD kernel with
> > a separate toolchain isn't that bad. It sure needs to be resolved
> > finally, but getting a working userland does have a higher priority ;-)
> Sorry, I got no time for this right now. Someone (sorry, forgot who) did a
> port of all the changes into gcc 3.something, and I urged the gcc mips
> maintainer to review and integrate them, but AFAICT nothing happened.
> Now if that someone would upgrade the patches to the 4.1 branch, I'll mer=
> them into NetBSD at least ;-)

Well, I didn't port the stuff to GCC 4.1 (yet), but I just applied some
very very ugly hacks to the NetBSD sourcetree based on stuff available

I know, it's rubbish, but at the moment I'm building a release with this
patch applied. Let's see if this will cure the segfaults... :D

 Ed Schouten <>

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (FreeBSD)