Subject: Re: For whom it may concern - Toolchain binary package
To: NetBSD/playstation2 <port-playstation2@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Schouten <ed@il.fontys.nl>
List: port-playstation2
Date: 02/08/2005 16:19:12
--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

Hey Martin,

* Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:
> Has Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> contacted you about this?

Nope

> I think you should ask him to integrate it into gcc/binutils -current.

I think it should be merged too, but there are two problems:

- GCC 4.0 is already in a feature freeze, so that means it will be available
  in GCC 4.1 (say hello to 2006 :D)
- I'm not a very good programmer. I can do some small fixes and such, but
  building patches for GCC and Binutils isn't what I'm best at.

I'm hanging around at #ps2dev lately, so I'll have a talk with 'ooPo' (the
author of the patches) about this. Maybe he can help me build a nice
(clean!) patch for the latest CVS versions so that they can be merged
upstream.

Yours,
--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@il.fontys.nl>