Subject: Booting via redboot fails
To: None <port-playstation2@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-playstation2
Date: 01/16/2005 13:07:05
Hmm, I always thought my PS2 (the european version) somehow wasn't compatible
with NetBSD/playstation2 since booting the kernel (following the web
instructions) failed. Now Jared D. McNeill notified me that he had the
same problem - but booting directly from p2lboot worked.

I tried that, and indeed it worked for me too. I added this line to
p2lboot.cnf:

"NetBSD"	netbsd.gz ""	203 /dev/hda1 ""	NetBSD on Memory Card

and copied the gzipped kernel onto the memory disk. It worked just fine.

So, did I do something stupid when using redboot? Can someone describe the
boot process in more detail?

And I guess we should update the web instructions...

Martin