Subject: Re: what are my options now that i can't get a linux kit?
To: None <port-playstation2@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-playstation2
Date: 12/17/2004 16:44:45
>>> ok, so i went to get a linux kit.  oh, look, they are sold out, and
>>> aren't making any more.
>> How much work would be necessary to make NetBSD/playstation2 boot
>> via the PS1 bug, I have no idea - I haven't yet even looked at it.
> it turns out i don't really want to run linux or netbsd on my ps2.
> what i want to do is use the ps2dev stuff (ps2dev.org) and write
> software that will run "on the bare metal" as it were.

Me too - though I'm agnostic about using the ps2dev stuff; if it's
convenient, I'll use it, but if not, I won't go to any particular
lengths to make it work.

> i'll post progress reports here if anyone is interested.

I'm not sure this would be a particularly good place.  This list *is*
about NetBSD on the PS2.

There is a mailing list for the ps2dev stuff; while the listowner says
few people use it any more (apparently preferring the Web "forum"),
it's still up and working.

I'd also be happy to host a list, as long as it stays small (I'd be
managing it by hand).  In fact, given how cheap such a thing is to set
up, I did so.  Since I don't want the list address to be too
web-accessible, I'm not putting it in this message; I'll write to you
off-list and tell you, and anyone else who wants is welcome to write me
for it too.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign