Subject: Re: what are my options now that i can't get a linux kit?
To: None <>
From: Brian Hechinger <>
List: port-playstation2
Date: 12/17/2004 14:41:21
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 02:32:17PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > ok, so i went to get a linux kit.  oh, look, they are sold out, and
> > aren't making any more.
> How much work would be necessary to make NetBSD/playstation2 boot via
> the PS1 bug, I have no idea - I haven't yet even looked at it.

here's what i've found:

it turns out i don't really want to run linux or netbsd on my ps2.  what i
want to do is use the ps2dev stuff ( and write software that
will run "on the bare metal" as it were.

i'll post progress reports here if anyone is interested.

"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."