Port-playstation2 archive

VGA initalization: cn_tab problem for console support

Title: Message
Hi,

I am working on VGA Driver and I need a console support for this, but it is already initialized in the Serial Driver code (which I use to download the NetBSD Kernel to my Target Board) as cn_tab. The console is actually initailized here, this is intern passed to the function wsdisplay_cnattach  function of the file /dev/wscons/wsdisplay.c .

So If I am using VGA card the code hangs at the position cn_tab, which I have mentioned in the comment below

void
wsdisplay_cnattach(const struct wsscreen_descr *type, void *cookie,
 int ccol, int crow, long defattr)
{
 const struct wsemul_ops *wsemul;

 KASSERT(!wsdisplay_console_initted);
 KASSERT(type->nrows > 0);
 KASSERT(type->ncols > 0);
 KASSERT(crow < type->nrows);
 KASSERT(ccol < type->ncols);

 wsdisplay_console_conf.emulops = type->textops;
 wsdisplay_console_conf.emulcookie = cookie;
 wsdisplay_console_conf.scrdata = type;

 wsemul = wsemul_pick(0); /* default */
 wsdisplay_console_conf.wsemul = wsemul;
 wsdisplay_console_conf.wsemulcookie = (*wsemul->cnattach)(type, cookie,
          ccol, crow,
          defattr);

 cn_tab = &wsdisplay_cons;        // CODE HUNGS HERE
 wsdisplay_console_initted = 1;
}

But I need to use this cn_tab as my VGA console. So please tell me how to use both simultaneously or how to avoid this conflict and make it used for both my Serial Driver and VGA Card.

Regards
Swamy