Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Possible to use the bundled toolchain?

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Simon Burge wrote:

: > ] On that, shouldn't userland be compiled with the same compiler?  Or is
: > ] there some wierd problem on the r5900 such that short loops are only a
: > ] problem if they bypass the TLB (as with kernel code in KSEG0/1)?

...and can we work around the problem if it's only in the kernel?

If this affects userland too, we should set MKGCC=no by default (so
snapshots don't ship a bundled gcc), and change the $MACHINE_ARCH until such
time that playstation2 can run unmodified NetBSD/mipsel binaries.

: I think that there's no chance this will be fixed within our existing
: tools; dropping it from the autobuild schedule would seem to be a
: reasonable thing to do, but double check with Uchiyama-san first.

It should be dropped from the autobuild list; it is not cross-compilable
with the standard tools.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv%wasabisystems.com@localhost>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run
with it.