Subject: Progress report :-)
To: None <port-pdp10@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-pdp10
Date: 06/23/2002 22:12:33
I have just managed to get klh-10 to print out the copyright message
when starting NetBSD:

KLH10> go
Starting KN10 at loc 02000...
Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
    The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
    The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

panic: uvm_init: page size not set
[HALTED: Program Halt, PC = 765432]
KLH10>

To be able to compile the kernel I have used Lars' gcc port, and written
a bunch of help scripts and a cross assembler and linker.

The assembler is a very simple piece of code, not remotely close to
MACRO in its functionality, but can generate code based of the gcc
output. It stores its object files in ELF format, in something that
is quite close to ELF32 but not quite.

The linker is also equally simple. It can link together object files
but do not understand -l or -r or such flags. It generates EXE output
files, that can be loaded into an emulator like klh-10 directly.
The linker can only load single-section so far.

-- Ragge