Subject: Re: Short "update"
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org>
List: port-pdp10
Date: 06/15/2002 09:30:55
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
> Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org> writes:
> > > Gnu binutils doesn't support the '10 yet?
> > Not yet.  Lars' GCC pages mention that XKL didn't have that on the
> > top of their list for the GCC port.
> Presumably they used MACRO or MIDAS or something, eh?

Right, they use MACRO and LINK-20.

> > Lars would be able to speak more definitively on the state of
> > binutils.

Actually, for me it all stared with hacking binutils.  I was adding
PDP-10 support to the opcodes subdirectory (responsible for assembly
and disassembly of individual instructions), when I sent an email to
XKL asking for details about their processor.  Then I got distracted
by the GCC port. :)

It seems they want me to start porting GNU libc next.  After that,
maybe GDB, which has some significant portions in common with binutils.

--
Lars Brinkhoff          http://lars.nocrew.org/     Linux, GCC, PDP-10,
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/    HTTP programming