Subject: Re: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org>
List: port-pdp10
Date: 06/12/2002 12:30:18
Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> writes:
> Have anyone though of what to do with the front end?  It's normally
> running RSX-20F, and I assume it's best to leave it running
> that. However, what about communication between the two machines?
> How does booting work?

Right now, it's as easy as typing "load file.exe" and then "go" in
the emulator.  How to do that on a real machine, I don't know.

The emulator implements the front end protocol used by RSX-20F, so
yes, I believe the front end should be left running that.

> Apart from these questions, what's the thoughts so far on the port?

Not much yet.  I have a small stand-alone program doing console I/O,
and I'll try to switch on paging next.  Ragge says he'll write a cross
assembler.