Subject: Re: [OT] Any sources for PDP-11 spares?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-pdp10
Date: 06/12/2002 12:20:56
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> writes:
> > > Guess this is the moment to mention that we still have two -2060s
> > > here then. :-) None of them are operational right now, though.  We
> > > also have four RP06, two RP07, two TU77 and one TU78.
> >
> > If you were ever to try running NetBSD on one of those, I'd sure like
> > to be there in person to see it!
> >
> Seconded :-) Fortunately, going to Uppsala is not like going to the
> other side of the Atlantic ocean :-)

A small question.
Have anyone though of what to do with the front end?
It's normally running RSX-20F, and I assume it's best to leave it running
that. However, what about communication between the two machines? How does
booting work?
Also, remember to not hog the RP06 that is shared between the two
machines, since the disk is double-ported...

Apart from these questions, what's the thoughts so far on the port?

	Johnny