Port-pc532 archive

Re: Update of NetBSD bring-up

On Monday 22 February 2010 4:53:50 am you wrote:
> What is missing ? Do I have to extract the etc-package before I reboot ?

It sounded good until you couldn't use pax.   tar is the program on the
ram disk that you should use.  You need to extract on sd0 at least
base.tgz and etc.tgz to get your sd0 ready for booting.

Reboot the install image, mount sd0 and extract using tar those sets.
If you don't change the sd0's version of /etc/rc.conf, the boot should
stay in single user mode until you edit that file.  Read more about it
in the INSTALL.* documents with the distribution.  I'm presuming you
are using 1.5.3 distribution to get your disk set up.

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson (phil at cs.wwu.edu) http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson
NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org  Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu