Subject: source code for old firmware?
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/22/2005 01:01:52
Folks,

I'm looking for the source code to old firmware, in particular one that
starts with:

   NS32000 ROM Debugger
   Version: Sat Jan 18 18:58:15 1992
   Auto-boot enabled.

The problem is that bim doesn't write out partition/image info that
my firmware understands.  It looks like one version of firmware sticks
this info _after_ the NetBSD disklabel.  After using bim, my firmware
still says "Disk has not been configured for booting."

With some fun disassembling the PROM I've figured out that my firmware
wants to load the image info from the start of the first sector instead
of part way through it.  I've gotten as far as it saying "Bad image
number." but no further.

I have one tar file called "mon.auto.tar.Z" (which is the one that looks
like it works with bim), and another directory called Culbertson-mon,
but neither of these match my firmware.

Is there any other versions of the firmware floating around the 'net?

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service:   http://www.wasabisystems.com/