Subject: Re: which connector for SCSI?
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 02/21/2005 13:45:08
On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 06:05:58PM -0800, Chuck Silvers wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 12:52:21PM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> > I'm not sure why you're not getting anywhere when you go to multiuser
> > mode.  Do you see anything at all after the "root file system" prompt,
> > or is it completely silent once /etc/rc starts up?  Could this be some
> > wierd serial config (parity maybe) problem?
>
> I see all of the output from rc.d stuff, and the date at the end,
> but I never see anything from getty.  while single-user, I can echo
> stuff to /dev/console and /dev/tty00 fine, but echoing to /dev/tty02
> doesn't show up.
>
> I tried dropping into ddb to try to poke around from there, but that
> just got me a stream of traps:
>
> telnet> send bre
> Stopped at      0xe00eb6bc:     exit    []
> kernel: undefined instruction trap, code=0
> fatal undefined instruction in supervisor mode
> trap type=10, pc=0xe004fac7, tear=0x8086100, msr=0x9b
> panic: trap
> Stopped at 0xe00eb6bc:     exit    []
> kernel: undefined instruction trap, code=0
> fatal undefined instruction in supervisor mode
> trap type=10, pc=0xe004fac7, tear=0x8086100, msr=0x9b
> panic: trap
>
> 0xe00eb6bc is in cpu_Debugger(), 0xe004fac7 is in db_command_loop():
>
> e004fac4 <_db_command_loop>:
> e004fac4:       82 f8 24        enter   [r3,r4,r5,r6,r7], 36
> e004fac7:       be c4 25        movl    f4, tos

Intertesting.  DDB does this for me too, but it did work some time in
the not to distant past (which may well have been a year or more ago).

> > > I tried building the lpt driver to test my changes in that file,
> > > but it gets syntax errors.  my change there is pretty simple,
> > > just to require that the addr and irq be specified in the config file.
> > > I guess no one has tried to use this driver for a long time.
> > >
> > > is -current working any better than this for anyone else?
> >
> > As I mentioned, I'm running fine multi-user now (with a kernel with your
> > patches).
>
> ok, so I guess the more important question for me is, do we need more
> testing of those changes, or can I just check them in now?  :-)

I'm not sure that there's anyone else who regularly runs a -current
pc532 kernel, so I guess that means it's fine to check it in :-)

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service:   http://www.wasabisystems.com/