Subject: Re: FP precision setting in FP control register
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 06/23/2003 10:42:31
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 11:13:32AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> I'm working on some FP changes, and need to know if it is possible to
> set the FP precision in the ns32k's FP control register (similar to how
> the precision can be set to Single, Double, or Extended on the i387 and
> mc68881).
>
> If anyone can provide me with this info (including the bits in the
> register that select the various modes) it would be greately
> apprecaited.

AFAICT from a browse of the 32081 manual, you select the precision only
in the instruction itself (with a F suffix for single precision and
a L suffix for double precision ("Long")).  There are also separate
instructions to convert from single to double precision and vice versa,
but no concept of "this register is fixed at this precision".

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service:   http://www.wasabisystems.com/