Subject: Re: ns32k toolchain
To: None <ian@beware.dropbear.id.au, perry@piermont.com>
From: r.o.s.s <ross@netbsd.org>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/04/2002 18:20:48
>>:::
>> This is very similar to what many modern FPUs do, actually. The Alpha
>> port, for instance, handles things like denorms with a separate
>> library that Ross Harvey wrote. We might want to use the same library
>> code where possible across ports for this sort of thing.
>
>There is certianly some code which is machine independant, though
>I don't think it is as easilly seperated as I might hope. The current
>library for the pc532 is approximately:
>>:::

FWIW, the indep part of the alpha FP completion project has always
been in libkern waiting for anyone to call.  On alpha. it starts
over with the original operands and does the entire op in software
for any case that the running combination of operand value, fpu
type, and conformance model can't handle.

//