Subject: Re: How many pc532 still running ...
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/19/2002 10:24:28
Sorry I didn't respond to this in a more timely manner.  It seems
that I was somehow unsubscribed in late October or early November.
I didn't realize it until I didn't get my 6bone message back...

Phil Nelson <philnelson@attbi.com> wrote:

>   Please answer the following questions for me.  I'll send
> a summary of the answers to this list next week.

It looks like everyone else just simply replied to the list, so I
guess I will too...

>   a) Do you have a running pc532?  (If more than 1, how many?)
>      If yes, is it (are they) running NetBSD?

Yes, only 1 running, and yes NetBSD-1.5. It appears that my kernel
is 1.5.2 built in September 2001.  The userland appears to be dated
around November 8, 2000 it appears.

>   b) Would it cause you a big problem if NetBSD-1.5 was the last
>      NetBSD version that supported the pc532?

Probably not...  but I don't think I like thinking about that too much.

>   c) Would you be willing to invest some time to bring the pc532
>      port up to -current and be ready for 1.6?
>
>      (A full working cross compile system might make this a lot
>      easier and much less time to get things working.)

I could probably spare a little time, and give interested people
an account on my machine via IPv6 (or a nonstandard SSH port via
IPv4).

>   d) Any other comments you would like to make?

Anyone have recommendations on a cheap, larger drive for my machine?
As I said in October(?), I've had really bad luck with www.hitechcafe.com
and the Hitachi DK319H-18WC.  That would make a snapshot build (and
creating an account or two if necessary) easier.  I really should
build a snapshot or two, or resign my developer account...

Jon