Subject: Re: new toolchain + ELF + sched. activations
To: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/01/2002 14:35:24
Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com> writes:
> Can you outline the tasks involved?

1) Make the new toolchain (and maybe even gcc current) not break on
   the 32k support (which is currently broken)
2) Design and implement the ELF support for 32k.

> I seem to recall one issue was there might be architecture
> dependant ELF extensions required, and no vendor has done
> that for the 32k...

That's not much of an issue. You can just invent 32k ELF the way that
Matt Thomas invented ELF for the VAX so we could have VAX ELF.

> Another was that the gcc used by the majority of the ports
> didn't work for the 32k...

That's the big problem -- the new toolchain breaks for unknown reasons
on the 32k.

> Is cross-compilation possible?  What would need to be done for that
> to be possible?

The new toolchain supports cross compilation.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com