Subject: Re: How many pc532 still running ...
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/18/2001 23:19:32
"Ken Seefried" <ken@seefried.com> writes:
> Phil Budne writes:
> > I know two people (who may or may not still be on the list), that
> > have
> > mentioned to me they've thought of parting with their pc532s....
>
> If I had a second one, I could put it up at my colo facility so other
> people could access it. Ken

The problem is that pc532s typically have no network access, and
it is hard to netboot them, which makes doing evil kernel hacking and
testing hard.

One notion I've come up with is to simulate the system disk by running
another netbsd box in SCSI target mode, thus allowing one to feed
"disk images" to the box at will. If this is too complex, perhaps even
just sharing the drive on the SCSI chain so that one can re-write it
at will while testing may be sufficient...

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com