Subject: Re: How many pc532 still running ...
To: None <abs@netbsd.org, eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
From: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/17/2001 12:26:49
David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote;

> 	The reason the broken ns32k support in recent gcc is a
> 	problem is that NetBSD is moving to a much more recent
> 	toolchain, to (among other reasons) easily enable cross
> 	compilation of a complete NetBSD distribution for any target
> 	from any posix compatible system with an ANSI C compiler.

The ability to cross compile for the pc532 (even if only from
NetBSD/ix86) could be a real life extender (who after all, wants to
wait 24 hours for a make world that could run in under an hour on a
modern system, just to have it fail on some small item near the end)!

In my mind, the ability to do cross compilation, if nothing else,
could be a reasonable motive for moving to 1.6. HOWEVER, if anything
has become so bloated that 8MB machines are untennable, I'd have to
reconsider.

philb