Subject: Re: pc532 1.5 ALPHA now ready
To: None <philnelson@home.com, port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/05/2000 12:17:57
The upgrade went fine, except for a few gotchas;

I forgot to add "softcar" to the /etc/ttys entry for my 3-wire console
port.  Contrary to what the INSTALL document says, the scn driver does
implement ttyflags (I should know, I did the work)!!  I wouldn't mind
if the stock ttys file assumed a 3-wire console

	but I also wouldn't mind if the default console speed was
	19200 -- I remembered to patch the kernel with gdb, but I
	forgot about the /etc/ttys entry -- that was the first thing I
	tried after punching the reset button -- does the install
	"floppy" make this any easier?  I haven't used it in years.  A
	tiny script to gdb the kernel and sed the ttys file would be
	a nice addition.

This would have been less of a pain if the telnet, rlogin, and rsh
entries in inetd.conf were not commented out by default!

The new rc.conf is great (puts all the defaults in a seperate file).
You must manually turn on the portmapper when enabling NFS.

I didn't get any of the core dumps from using the new binaries
after installing base.tgz before rebooting that I've come to expect
(what no major changes to the system call ABI?).  I remember one
release caused the 'reboot' command to dump core! I think "sync"
still worked!