Subject: Re: Has anyone got a spare pc532, or spare cycles?
To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com>
From: Julian Stacey <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/15/2000 19:17:49
Hi, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> I was sent here by Ian Dall, (who has hacked gcc and binutils for ns32k),
> when I asked for pointers to available pc532:s.
>
> So, if anyone has one they want to get rid of, I'm interested.
> Or maybe someone has one hooked up and would consider letting me
> bootstrap gcc hacks on it?  (Other ns32k systems ok too.)

Ask dlr@bungi.com, he may be able to arrange a login on a pc532 in USA,
if he can't, it's time I rebuilt my PC532, & I can probably find space at a
local friendly net company in Munich, Germany.

I also have an ancient 32016 beast called a Symmetric S-375
	http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/txt/symmetric.html
(name come from `half a vax 750` from Bill Jollitz' old company's (Symmetic Inc)
marketing department I believe. ;-)
it has gcc-1.40 on it, (or had, maybe it slipped back to 1.38 or so if I lost
some binaries, anyway, I could put that up for you instead/as well maybe.

I don't think I want to sell either, but it would be nice for them to be
available for gcc bootstrapping, rather than gathering dust :-)

> I live in Lund, Sweden but I guess there's no pc532 physically closer
> than at least a day-trip away.

Used to be a bunch of guys in scandinavia contributing to a Mach PC532 archive
mk52 maybe ?  on ~aprox~ ftp.funet.fi (memory vague)  a few years back ...

> Further pointers are welcome too.
> brgds, H-P

Julian
Julian H. Stacey	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/	http://www.jhs.muc.de
  FreeBSD-3.4: Free system software with 2900 free packages, Linux compatible.