Subject: Re: dual ns32532 cpu encore available
To: None <lukem@cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Phil Nelson <philnelson@home.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/14/2000 13:56:38
>finally (after 3 years of being in storage, and being off for 5
>years), the asset people here at uni have deigned to let us write
>off an old encore we had.
>
>i think it's got:
>	2 x ns32532 cpus
>	32 MB RAM
>	chunk of disk
>	meaty PSU
>..
>is it worth hanging onto it in the vain hope that maybe netbsd will

I have no clue.  To date, it wouldn't be too useful because only 1 cpu
could be used.  But then again, it could be a machine to help verify
the smp design :)

I suspect little of the pc532 port could be used.  pmap and some of
locore and a few other ns32k specific stuff that would remain the same.
I'm sure the IO system would be completely different.

If I had more time, I'd be interested!

--
Phil Nelson
e-mail: philnelson@home.com  (Work: phil@cs.wwu.edu)