Subject: Current kernel does not compile since pmap update
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Dall <ian@beware.dropbear.id.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 06/26/1999 00:30:15
Since a recent update of pmap.c and pmap.h I can no longer build a kernel.
First it dies due to warnings (treated as errors) about missing prototypes
for pmap_change_wiring and pmap_pageable. When I add these prototypes
I get an undefined symbol message:

ld -z -Ttext F8002000 -e start -X -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
../../../../uvm/uvm_fault.c:1833: Undefined symbol `_pmap_unwire' referenced from text segment

I am guessing pmap_wire should be a macro wrapper for pmap_change_wiring.

In passing I notice that we have too identical files pmap_new.h and pmap.h.
It there any need or point in maintaining two identical files.. I notice that
both these are included even though the

    #ifndef	_NS532_PMAP_H_
    #define	_NS532_PMAP_H_

in each of them guarantees that only the forst one has any effect.

Likewise I notice that we have two files, pmap.c and pmap.new.c and that
pmap.c is actually newer than pmap.new.c!

Ian