Subject: Re: Roms
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Rolf Andersson <rolf.andersson@emit.ericsson.se>
List: port-pc532
Date: 04/22/1999 19:12:42
Hi

Jesper, you have been lurking on this list? So have I.

My PC532 is in the attic with tons of other useful stuff.
I've been following the threads here and would like to upgrade
from Minix too.
Is it possible to get hold of the image of the auto-boot ROM?
I have a Data IO box here at work that probably could do the
programming (if I can find compatible chips).

Thanks & regards
Rolf Andersson

Phil Nelson wrote:

> >I have an pc532, tht's running minix (last i fired it up) :-)
>
> Wow! A pc532 not running NetBSD :)
>
> >Is the some way that i can buy the newer rom so i can run NetBSD ?
>
> Which ROM do you have?  If you have the auto-boot ROM from around 1991,
> you have the most current of which I know.  But even if you don't,
> you can run NetBSD.   It will just take a little more effort to get
> it booted.  You will have to find the right place on the disk where
> the boot program lives and give the proper "read ..." command and
> then execute the boot program.  That shouldn't be hard to do.

|  Rolf Andersson                |  Tel  : +46 8 40 49241           |
|  KI/ERA/X/FA, Control Platform |  Fax  : +46 8 40 43699           |
|  Ericsson Radio Systems AB     |  Email: erarann@era.ericsson.se  |
|  Borgarfjordsgatan 9           |                                  |
|  SE-164 80 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN   |                                  |