Subject: Re: errors building install floppies
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 04/05/1999 23:39:19
Jon Buller wrote:

> I'm building an alpha release image, and ran into the following
> problem.  I don't have a lot of time to nurse the builds along,
> but I can let my machine build for endless hours without too much
> difficulty.  Could someone more knowlegable in the mbr stuff take
> a look at this? (Phil, your name is all over defs.h 8-)

I think Phil is innocent at this stage - look at the CVS logs for
recent changes ;)

> [[ struct mbr_partition problems deleted ]]
>
> I've got to get to work soon, but I'll work on getting the tarballs
> up on the ftp server tonight.

I've fixed this in -current and just sent the pull-up for releng.  The
change was to move the offending prototype from defs.h to mbr.h.  "All
the world is not a peecee!".

> We also need a makefile in
> /usr/src/distrib/pc532 so the floppies will automatically build
> during a "make release".  I'll be trying to do that (and the
> associated pull-up) in the next day or two as well.

I can probably help with this if you have problems (I'm familiar with
the pmax side).

FWIW, these problems may be better sent to tech-install@netbsd.org.
Unfortunately my pc532 doesn't light up any LEDs on power-on, but I
still watch the list for sentimental reasons and the hope that I will
one day get it working again :-)

Simon.