Subject: icache syncing code needed with UVM, for procfs and gdb
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 02/27/1999 21:22:48
Hello,

did (some of) you notice PR 6152 / the thread about it on tech-kern?

In short: an icache syncing function is needed for GDB breakpoints with UVM.
(this was implicitly done before). It turns out, its also needed with procfs,
but this isnt used as much to manipulate code. My impression from browsing
your code is that pc532 needs it, too. You decide if I'm wrong.

call would be:

pmap.h:

#define PMAP_NEED_PROCWR
void	pmap_procwr __P((struct proc *, vaddr_t va, size_t));

Implementation:

#ifdef PMAP_NEED_PROCWR, this fucntion is called after the processes address
space was written, to make the new data available as instruction stream.
(normally, flush the instruction cache, possibly after flushing the writeback
data cache first).

Please do the right thing, if necessary, and add a comment to PR 6152 saying
it isnt necessary or saying it is done.

Regards,
	Ignatios