Subject: Re: [OFF TOPIC] Anyone has minix 1.5 distro?
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/14/1999 08:50:17
Hi Jon,

Jon Buller wrote:
> I think Matthias and Phil can answer that better than I, but I
> think Matthias is working on the 1.3.3 distribution.=20

I uploaded a tar set and sent Phil a message about it. I'd guess he will
put it to the right place during the next days.

> To celebrate the arrival of my account on cvs.netbsd.org being
> created (and the sleepless nights caused by the arrival of my second
> daughter on Dec 23)

Congratulations to you and Arlene. And I hope you'll never combine her
christmas and birthday gifts :-)

> I've been trying to build a -current snapshot,
> but not having much luck on that one.  Right now, it's ld.aout_so
> and some stuff with cache invalidation that I'm really out of my
> league on. I also noticed that we STILL need to fix bind defining
> T_SLAVE in it's grammer and pulling in trap.h also.  I can fix that
> one, but probably not the right way.  I need to look at it again,
> but as I remember, it looked pretty simple when I was building it
> a month ago...

About a week ago I switched to building -current again (instead of
1.3.3.). I'm almost through with my -current rebuild and I have fixes
for the T_SLAVE and the ld.aout_so problem in my tree. I was planning to
commit the stuff during the next days.

I used Phil Budne's patch to fix the ld.aout_so problems. But now I have
unresolved externals in ld.so (it works anyway). Doing a nm -u on my
ld.os shows references to _warn, _warnx, _err and _errx. Up to now I had
not enough time to have a closer look at this.

Matthias
--=20
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41
Hans-B=F6ckler-Str. 2, D 85221 Dachau         Fax   +49 8131 5161-66
http://www.marco.de/                        Email leo@dachau.marco.de