Subject: Re: building NetBSD/pc532 -current
To: None <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au, jonb@metronet.com>
From: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/23/1998 15:35:34
> Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:37:24 -0600
> From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
>
> Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:
>
> > Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com> writes:
> >
> >   > The other was that the pc532 ld.aout_so md.c generated warnings that
> >   > killed the compilation.  Enclosed are diffs for the necessary changes.
>
> Are these changes new?  (Changes being in -current, not your patch,
> of course.)  I didn't have any problem with this when I built -current
> from Nov 29 sources.  Admittedly, that's not quite -current anymore...

I suspect the change which caused the problem would be in the gcc
warning flags (-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Werror)

Regarding Ian's question about ANSI prototypes; Many of the error were
"warning: function declaration isn't a prototype", so I automatically
made them into ANSI declarations.  Forward declarations using __P()
may be sufficient, and more correct.