Subject: building NetBSD/pc532 -current
To: None <phil@ultimate.com>
From: Ian Dall <Ian.Dall@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/22/1998 09:44:30
Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com> writes:

  > The other was that the pc532 ld.aout_so md.c generated warnings that
  > killed the compilation.  Enclosed are diffs for the necessary changes.

Are new style function definitions allowed in NetBSD yet? I recall
some debate about this, but don't recall the outcome.

  > What's the current word on using egcs to build stuff (esp. the
  > kernel)?  I've been using the gcc version 2.7.2.2+myc1 that came with
  > the 1.3 binaries.

I've been using egcs for some time. I have never rebuit the world, but I have
rebuilt the kernel, usr.lib and all the programs which depend on libkvm.
I'd regard egcs as fairly well tested, but my egcs is 1.03 I think, not
whatever is in the current netbsd tree. If you could build workd with it
it would be a good confidence builder.

Ian